Un blog de Universitat Politècnica de Valéncia, Campus de Gandia.

Campus Gandia Doubled the Financial Volume of Its Research Activity in 2020

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Campus Gandia of the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) has doubled the financial volume of its research activity. This is the conclusion of the report on the Results of Research, Technological Development and Innovation (R&D&I) activities with external financing for the year 2020.

According to the data, the financial volume of R&D&I in 2020 stands at 2.18 million euros, a figure higher than the one recorded in 2019 when it reached 1.08 million euros, or 927 thousand euros in the year 2018. For the director of Campus Gandia, Jesús Alba, “the amount of funding for the scientific activity conducted at Campus Gandia of the Universitat Politècnica de València continues the upward trend of recent years, which confirms the good work being done by the university community at Campus Gandia. The increase in financing is a reflection of a greater presence in the arena and a greater contribution to society in general and more especially to Safor.”

As in previous years, the projects resulting from contracts and agreements constitute 61% of the subscribed R&D&I projects. The rest, 39%, correspond to projects funded by public grants, subject to external evaluation and selection. In this regard, “we continue to consolidate the results of previous years, even in the times of the pandemic that we have undergone.”

 

With reference to the source of the funding, the results of the report show that 48% of the competitive R&D&I projects subscribed have been funded by the central administration; 43% by the Generalitat Valenciana and 9% of the competitive R&D&I projects have received funding from the European Union. According to Jesús Alba, the ability to obtain funding “is a sign of high quality and a high degree of trust in the research activity carried out at the Campus Gandia.”

 

Furthermore, as the director of Campus Gandia reminds us, this institution “is characterized by a marked international research dimension and this report shows that our internationalization is growing, with a greater number of European partners, and a considerable capacity to attract European funds.”

Likewise, “the results obtained should allow us to obtain financial resources to continue improving our available capacities and strengthen our research groups. And, as has been demonstrated, the transfer of technology and knowledge means that our Campus Gandia as a public university at the service of society, can contribute to the growth of our county.”

RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR INTEGRATED COASTAL ZONE MANAGEMENT

After barely 10 years in existence, the Research Institute for Integrated Coastal Zone Management (100% Campus Gandia institute) has managed to establish itself in the top 25 research structures of the 85 present at the UPV.

It is made up by 65 people, of which 49 are PhDs. The research personal has a total of 57 six-year tenures of research under their belt, an indicator that validates the recognition of its high level of scientific output.

In addition, the mixed unit formed by the UPV and the Spanish Institute of Oceanography – Technology Unit for Marine Studies (UTEM, for its Spanish initials), based on the Campus (port of Gandia sheds), is conducting major scientific projects.

The full reports can be viewed in Spanish in the following links:

Results of R&D&I activities 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015

Campus Gandia Bibliometric Analysis 


Source:

Laida Frasquet, Reporter from the Office of Communication

 < Prev Post 
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
LinkedIn
Instagram
RSS
Flickr
SlideShare
women and science comunica2 BANNER CIENCIA CERCANA_ING Scientific output R&D&I