What is the popularization and dissemination of science? Why do universities have a responsibility to share their knowledge with society? The goal of scientific dissemination is to make science accessible to the general public and it is based both on the responsibility of scientists to account for their work to society and the need for society to have access to scientific knowledge.
For this reason, Campus Gandia has been carrying out different actions year after year aimed at disseminating and popularizing science in many different areas. Among the events, conferences and seminars organized we can highlight:
- X National Aquaculture Conference (2005)
- 37th Tecniacústica-Spanish Society of Acoustics (2006)
- Conferences on environmental acoustics and acoustically sustainable building (2008-10)
- International conference on management tools for Mediterranean wetlands (2009)
- International conference on European projects, tourism and new technologies (2011)
- Science Week (since 2005)
- Comunica2.0 Conference (since 2010)
- Science exhibitions (Fotciencia10, La mar de ciències, Invisible Female Scientists)
- I Gandia Fishing Conference (2013)
- Communication through press releases concerning the research activity on Campus in collaboration with Scientific Communication unit of the UPV.
- Production of specific content for Facebook and Twitter.
- Using and promoting the #UPVGandiaCiencia hashtag
- Flickr Research Album that compiles the research activities of the various research structures.
- YouTube channel that includes a playlist of videos about research.
- Diary of a Researcher. This is a series of videos featuring researchers conducting their research activity on our campus.
- Telegrafies television program, with weekly news about science and innovation. With 8 seasons on the air and over 175 programs.
- Presentations and scientific papers for viewing and downloading on SlideShare.
Campus Gandia currently has over 3,000 followers on Facebook and over 2,000 on Twitter. Además en su canal de Flickr hay más de 300 fotografías relacionadas con la divulgación de la ciencia y la investigación. On YouTube, the Campus shares its research and science through the 70 videos produced exclusively for this purpose.