Campus Gandia of the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) is set to host the conference titled “XXXII Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Management and Business Economics” from June 6-8, 2018. The motto in this edition is “Towards social, economic and business improvement: Multidisciplinary advances in Innovation, Tourism and Engineering”. The objective of the meeting organized by AEDEM is to promote multidisciplinary discussion and is aimed at academics, professionals, and doctoral students. The deadline for paper submissions is March 23.
Researchers and technical personnel from Campus Gandia are actively participating in the organizing committee. Campus Gandia director, Jesús Alba, director del Campus de Gandia, said that it will be a great opportunity for learning and research.
The conference tracks for which you can submit papers are:
- Accounting and Audit
- Human Resources
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Digital Economy
- Education and New Learning Technologies
- Knowledge Managementand Innovation
- Tourism Management
- Family Business
- Transport and Mobility
With the aim of promoting multidisciplinary relations, two new workshops have been incorporated this year:
- Engineering and Business Management
- Advances in Health Economics and Policy
AN OPPORTUNITY FOR RESEARCHERS AND PROFESSIONALS
Cristina Santandreu, conference co-director, tells us why it is of interest to attend the AEDEM congress:
- Bolstering learning and the transmission of knowledge. The AEDEM conference is the perfect forum to exchange knowledge and meet experts from various areas related to the Business Economics: Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Management, Social Responsibility, Human Resources, Knowledge Management, Family Business, Digital Economy and Education. Each edition incorporates new fields of knowledge and the 2018 edition sees the inclusion of health and engineering related tracks.
- Building a network of contacts. The conference program promotes constant contact between the assistants, either in the parallel sessions (specific for each subject area) or in the workshops. Coffee and food is offered, as well as the opportunity to attend the gala dinner, where attendees can chat in a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Certificates. Attendees receive certificates of attendance and the speakers receive certificates of participation. Likewise, a series of conference awards will be given to the best papers that will also enrich the curriculum.
- Publication opportunities. Authors presenting outstanding papers will be invited to submit an extended version to one of the following journals: European Journal of Management & Business Economics (EJM&BE) and the European Research on Management and Business Economics (ERMBE). Both scientific journals are indexed in Scimago Journal Rank (SJR), Quality of Spanish Scientific Journals (FECYT) and Emerging Sources Citation Index.
A MULTIDISCIPLINARY CONFERENCE
The sponsoring university of the XXXII AEDEM conference is the Campus Gandia of the UPV, “a university that comprehends various fields of knowledge and that is committed to synergies“, says Óscar Morant, co-director of the conference. The motto of this conference arises from this field of interactions, “which includes all the disciplines taught on our campus and which provides the opportunity for researchers and professors of the UPV to throw spotlight on their line of research, establish relationships and collaborations with other colleagues from this and other Spanish universities,” says Morant.
CÁTEDRA METROPOL-PARASOL AWARD
In addition, during the conference the Cátedra Metropol-Parasol Award will be announced for the best paper in business management of public and private urban tourist areas. This acknowledgment aims to encourage and promote initiatives from the academic world that contribute to the improvement of business management in urban areas with high potential or tourist development.
In short, the aim is to promote learning, discussing, and exchanging knowledge between students, professionals or researchers, this year in the wonderful city of Gandia, which offers plenty of charm to visitors.
Communication and Marketing Officer, Campus Gandia